Each of the selected projects include a viable safety-critical scenario. Safety-hazards and security vulnerabilities must be identified and mitigated. (Note: The exact nature of the projects will be determined once teams are formed.)
- Medical Delivery Fleet:This project uses a fleet of drones to prioritize and synchronize the delivery of medical supplies in a disaster zone. Critical supplies must be delivered in a prioritized and timely manner.
- Rehabilitation:Patients recovering from cardiac and other problems must be carefully rehabiltiated. This project involves building coordinated apps and applications for planning exercise routines and monitoring patients' exercise routines using a variety of health sensors.
- Chemical/Nuclear Hazards: In case of a nuclear or chemical disaster, it is essential to carefully monitor and communicate pollution levels. This project uses gas sensors (CO, CO2, S02) to simulate measurement of other more caustic gasses. The project includes an app used by collectors to measure pollution, and another to inform the public of current levels. This is coordinated through a web-server. Safety-hazards exist if measurements are not updated and/or not communicated correctly.
- Interactive Mission: Soldiers and other personnel often embark on carefully choreographed missions. In this project we monitor the health of team members, track their relative and absolute positions, and project instructions to team members via a computer-augmented visor.
- Aerial Reconnaissance: In either a search-and-rescue scenario or tracking movement of an escapee or group of people, the drone takes photos, and transmits them to the base station for analysis.